Enjoy a nourishing grilled fruit salad with creamy coconut yoghurt for breakfast – a fresh fruity way to start the day! This recipe is suitable for diabetics.
- 1 medium pear (230 g), cored, cut into eight wedges
- 4 medium figs (240 g), halved lengthways
- 1 medium blood orange (240 g), peeled, cut into 1-cm thick slices
- 1/3 cup (95 g) coconut yoghurt
- 3 tsps sunflower seeds, toasted
Cook pear on a heated lightly oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue), over medium-high heat, for 4 mins each side or until slightly tender and charred.
Add figs halfway through cooking time; cook for 2 minutes each side until figs are tender and charred.
Combine grilled fruit with orange in serving bowls; top with yoghurt and sunflower seeds.
TIP: To cook figs, place a small sheet of baking paper on the grill plate to prevent the figs from sticking. You could also eat this fruit salad fresh without grilling the fruit, for a breakfast on-the-go. Pure coconut yoghurt is dairy-free and is available from health food stores.
Recipe & Photo: The Australian Women’s Weekly/Bauersyndication.com.au