This one-pan wonder is an efficient and delicious toss of well-seasoned pork and almond meatballs, with crunchy fresh kale and broccolini. Flavoured with tarragon and bathed in creamy mustard sauce, there’s much to expect from this undeniably tasty yet healthful dish.
- ½ cup (80 g) blanched almonds, roasted
- 500 g minced (ground) pork
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup finely chopped tarragon, plus 3 extra sprigs
- 2 tsps finely grated lemon rind
- ⅓ cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 tsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2½ cups (625ml) almond milk
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 bunch broccolini (175 g), blanched, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1 bunch kale (250 g), trimmed, chopped
- Extra chopped roasted blanched almonds and finely grated parmesan, to serve
Place almonds in a small food processor; process until finely chopped. Combine pork, almonds, garlic, egg, tarragon, rind and parmesan in a large bowl; season. Roll into tablespoon-sized balls.
Heat oil in a large, deep-sided frying pan over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning, for 4 mins or until browned.
Add almond milk, extra tarragon sprigs and mustard; bring to a simmer. Cook for 6 mins or until reduced slightly; season.
Add broccolini and kale; toss. Cook for 2 mins; season to taste. Serve with extra almonds and parmesan.
TIP To blanch the broccolini, place in a heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 mins; drain.