A protein- and fibre-rich salad dish that takes just 15 minutes to whip up for those busy days!
- 750 g small to medium cooked prawns
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsps fish sauce
- 4 tbsps lime juice
- 4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 15 mint leaves, sliced finely
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 medium carrot, grated coarsely
- 100 g snow peas, trimmed and julienned
- 1 telegraph cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, sliced finely
- ½ Chinese cabbage, sliced finely
- 2 tbsps sesame seeds, toasted
Peel and devein the prawns; cut in half lengthways.
In a large bowl, combine the cumin, fish sauce, lime juice, olive oil, sesame oil, mint and sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved; add the prawns and toss until prawns are well coated in the dressing.
Add the remaining ingredients and pile onto a serving platter.
Recipe & Photo: John Paul Urizar/Bauersyndication.com.au