- ½ whole Japanese pumpkin, seeded, 2-cm wedges
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 250 g baby heirloom tomatoes, some halved
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup roasted flaked almonds
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 1 bunch chives, snipped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red-wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 2 tsps wholegrain mustard
Preheat oven to hot, 200 C.
Toss pumpkin with oil on a large oven tray. Bake 15 to 20 mins until just tender and golden.
MAPLE-MUSTARD DRESSING: In a small jug, whisk all the ingredients together. Season.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, tomatoes, leaves and almonds. Season. Drizzle with dressing, tossing well. Top with crumbled feta and chives to serve.
Chef’s Tip: Switch pumpkin for sweet potato and add cooked eggplant. Top with avocado.
Photo: Rob Shaw/bauersyndication.com.au