One can never go wrong with a classic Nicoise salad, a haphazard yet elegant toss of green beans, tomatoes, eggs, tuna and olives. Serve it up at your festive celebrations, summer parties and even casual lunches with family and friends, making for a simple yet fitting addition to any hearty meal planned.
- 200 gram green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 4 medium egg tomatoes, seeded, cut into thin wedges
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 425 gram can tuna, drained
- 1/3 cup (40g) seeded small black olives
- 1/3 cup (55g) drained caperberries, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Boil, steam or microwave beans until tender; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain.
Place beans in large bowl with dressing and remaining ingredients; toss gently to combine.
Place ingredients in screw-top jar; shake well.
TIP Not suitable to freeze or microwave.