Healthy, hearty and so satisfying, this Salmon, Miso and Ginger Poke Bowl which comes with refreshing pickle makes the ideal make-ahead work lunch.
- 500 g sashimi-grade salmon, cut into 1.5 cm cubes
- 2 tbsps white (shiro) miso
- 4 cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 tbsps rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps tamari
- 2 cups water
- 1½ cups white quinoa, rinsed
- 2 bunches broccolini, 2 cm peices
- Soft boiled eggs, tamari almonds, sliced green onion, to serve
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 4 red radish, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pickled pink ginger
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
In a large bowl, combine salmon with combined miso, ginger, vinegar and the tamari. Chill, covered, for 30 mins.
Meanwhile in a large saucepan combine quinoa and water on medium. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 15 mins, adding broccolini in final 3 mins, covered.
To make the pickle; in a bowl, toss all ingredients. Set aside for 5 mins.
Divide quinoa and brocolini between 4 bowls. Top with piles of pickled vegetables, salmon and a two halves of egg. Scatter with almonds, serve straight away with lime wedges and sliced green onions.
Serve quinoa and broccoli topped with miso salmon and quick pickle. Accompany with soft boiled egg, lime wedges and sliced green onion, if liked.
TIP: Use a vegetable peeler to achieve thin cucumber slices.
Recipe & Photo: Woman’s Day/BauerSyndication.com.au