Skip the queues and the lunchtime rush by preparing your very own sashimi poke bowl with quality ingredients of your choice. Traditionally served with raw fish, we’ve added tuna and diversified the flavours with potatoes, bacon, corn and more.
- 250 g packet microwave brown rice
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) tamari
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsps finely grated fresh ginger
- 1½ tsps sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 6 radishes (210 g)
- 150 g sashimi-grade tuna, diced
- 1 sheet toasted seaweed (nori), shredded
- 1 Lebanese cucumber (170 g), sliced thinly
- 1 medium avocado (250 g), sliced thinly
- 2 tsps black sesame seeds, toasted
Heat microwave brown rice following packet directions. Combine tamari, lime juice, oil, ginger, sesame oil, garlic and chilli flakes; add to rice. Divide rice mixture between two small bowls.
Thinly slice half the radishes into rounds; julienne the remaining half.
Top each bowl with half the tuna, radish, seaweed, cucumber and avocado. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.