This spiced salmon and broccoli pilaf is all we seek for in a recipe – tasty, filling, and undeniably hearty. Featuring seasoned salmon fillets, fragrant jasmine rice and fresh broccoli, we promise it won’t disappoint. We even added some roasted almond kernels for that extra crunch!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion (150 g), chopped finely
- 2 cups cloves garlic, crushed
- 1½ cups (300 g) jasmine rice
- 3¼ (800 ml) chicken stock
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 2 x 200 g skinless salmon fillets
- 250 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- ⅓ cup (55 g) roasted almond kernels, chopped coarsely
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1 medium lemon (140 g), cut into cheeks
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 mins or until softened.
Add rice to pan; cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until grains appear transparent. Stir in stock; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, for 10 mins.
Meanwhile, combine spices in a medium bowl, season; add salmon, toss to coat in spice mixture.
Place salmon and broccoli on rice; cook, covered, for a further 3 mins. Remove pan from heat; stand for 5 mins or until broccoli and rice are tender and stock is absorbed. Season to taste.
Remove salmon; flake into pieces. Use a fork to separate the rice grains. Top the pilaf with the flaked salmon, nuts and coriander. Serve with lemon cheeks.
TIP Instead of broccoli, you can use a green vegetable of your choice, such as asparagus, spinach, peas, green beans or snow peas. Recipe is not suitable to freeze.