It’s important to eat well, especially for the most important meal of the day. Supercharge your morning with this nutritious and energising breakfast bowl, featuring a generous assortment of fruits and seeds. Not only are they good for your body, they’re also diet-friendly for those who’d like to boost weight loss.
- 200 g frozen acai purée
- 1 medium (200 g) ripe banana, chopped, frozen
- ⅓ cup (95 g) greek-style yogurt
- 1 large (600 g) mango, sliced
- ¼ small (320 g) honeydew melon, chopped
- 2 tbsps sunflower seed kernels
- 2 tbsps pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp linseeds (flaxseeds)
- 2 tbsps currants
- 2 tbsps goji berries
- ¼ cup (40 g) chopped cashews
Make seed mix; combine all ingredients in a small airtight container.
Using a high-speed blender, blend acai purée, banana and yogurt to a thick purée.
Transfer the purée to two breakfast bowls; top with the mango, melon and a few tbsps of the seed mix.
TIP Suitable to freeze without topping. Freeze the chopped banana in an airtight container the night before for a thicker mixture.