Adopt a Middle-Eastern flair to your meal with this salad, made with fresh parsley, mint and burghul. Not only can it be enjoyed as a light snack, it could even double up as a great accompaniment to flatbread, meats and more.
- ½ cup (80 g) burghul
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tomatoes (450 g), chopped finely
- 1 red onion (100 g), chopped finely
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup (125 ml) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
Cover burghul with water in small bowl; stand about 10 mins or until burghul softens. Drain in fine strainer; squeeze out excess liquid.
Place burghul in large bowl with parsley, tomato, onion, mint and combined juice and oil; toss gently to combine.
TIP You will need about three bunches of flat-leaf parsley for this recipe.