You’ll only need one word to describe this Tuna, Wasabi and Soy Poke Bowl dish: Delicious. Try it and you’ll see why we are so in love with it.
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- 2 tbsps rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- 500 g sashimi-grade tuna, cut into 1 cm dice
- 270 g somen noodles
- 1½ cups frozen shelled edamame (soybeans)
- 2 avocados
- Black sesame seeds, crushed wasabi peas, to serve
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 2 green onions, julienned
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
In a medium, non-metallic bowl, combine soy, sesame, vinegar and wasabi. Toss through tuna. Chill, covered, for 30 mins.
Meanwhile, to make pickled carrot; in a large, non-metallic bowl, combine all ingredients. Chill until needed.
In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook somen noodles following packet instructions adding soybeans for final minute. Drain.
Serve noodles with pickled carrot, tuna and avocado. Drizzle with any extra tuna marinade. Accompany with black sesame seeds and crushed wasabi peas to serve, if liked.
Recipe & Photo: Woman’s Day/BauerSyndication.com.au