Balance out your diet with this yummy and nutritious pork belly salad. If you have the time, leaving the poached pork uncovered in the fridge overnight will help dry out the skin for a crispier result.
- ¼ Chinese cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 cup trimmed bean sprouts
- 1 bunch baby radishes, trimmed, finely sliced
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- ½ bunch mint, leaves picked
Twice-cooked Sticky Pork Belly
- 1 kg piece boneless pork belly
- Basic master stock, entire quantity
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- Lime wedges, to serve
In a heavy-based saucepan, cover pork with stock. Simmer gently, covered with a cartouche, 2 to 3 hours, until pork is tender.
Remove pork, then strain and reserve master stock. Pat pork dry with paper towel.
Cut pork into 25 cm cubes. In a wok or deep-frying pan, heat oil on high until surface shimmers. Deep-fry pork in 2 batches, 2 to 3 mins each, until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
Add sugar and 1 cup reserved stock to wok. Simmer, stirring, 3 to 4 mins, until reduced by half. Return pork to wok, toss.
To make salad: In a bowl, toss all ingredients together. Place pork on salad and drizzle extra sauce over. Serve hot with lime wedges.
Recipe & Photo: Woman’s Day/BauerSyndication.com.au