Consider dinner settled with this flavourful and bountiful one-pot, featuring prawns, chicken, chorizo sausage and more. Not only is this Spanish-inspired dish gluten-free, it’s also definitely enough to feed the whole family too!
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs cutlets (800 g)
- 250 g cured chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 medium brown onions (300 g), chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 celery stalks (300 g), trimmed, sliced
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 2 tsps sweet paprika
- 1 medium red capsicum (200 g), chopped
- 1 medium green capsicum (200 g), chopped
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken stock
- 1½ cups (300 g) long grain white rice
- 8 large uncooked prawns (560 g)
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 medium lemon (140 g), cut into wedges
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook chicken for 10 mins or until browned well all over. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
Add chorizo, onion, garlic, celery, cajun seasoning and paprika to same pan; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until vegetables are softened. Stir in capsicum.
Return chicken to pan with tomatoes and stock; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 10 mins or until capsicum is tender. Add rice; cook, covered, for 12 mins.
Meanwhile, shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact.
Add prawns to pan; cook, covered, for a further 3 mins or until prawns are just cooked through. Remove from heat; stand for 5 mins. Fluff rice with a fork; season to taste. Stir in parsley; serve with lemon wedges.
TIP You can leave out the prawns for a chicken version, if preferred. Coriander could be used in place of the parsley. Recipe is not suitable to freeze.