- 1 cup (200 g) pepitas, toasted
- 3 cups (50 g) baby rocket
- 1 cup basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup (80 g) finely grated vegetarian parmesan-style cheese, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g Capunti pasta
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, extra
- 1 medium leek (350 g), trimmed, white part sliced thinly
- 400 g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups (240 g) frozen peas
- 2 cups (35 g) baby rocket, extra
- Lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
Place half the pepitas, the rocket, basil, parmesan, lemon juice, oil and ½ cup (125 ml) water in a food processor; process until smooth. Season to taste.
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving ¾ cup (180ml) pasta water.
Meanwhile, heat extra oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook leek, stirring, for 3 mins or until tender. Stir in beans and peas; cook for a further 2 mins, lightly crushing some of the mixture with a potato masher or fork. Season.
Stir in the pepita pesto and reserved pasta water until well combined. Add the pasta; toss gently to coat well. Remove from heat; stir through the extra rocket.
Serve pasta topped with remaining pepitas, extra basil and extra parmesan. Drizzle with a little more oil, if you like, and serve with lemon wedges.
TIP You can use any short pasta shape you prefer. Save the green tops of the leeks for adding flavour to soups and stocks.