You can create this Tex Mex favourite at home by putting together tortillas, salsa, caramelised onions and thin slices of beef rump steak. The quick and easy dish makes for a labour-saving weeknight meal while promising vibrant, explosive flavours.
- 1 tomato (220 g), chopped finely
- 1 fresh long green chilli, chopped finely
- 2 green onions, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 brown onion (200 g), sliced thickly
- 2 red capsicums (300 g), sliced thinly
- 400 g beef rump steak, sliced thinly
- 40 g packet fajita spice mix
- 150 g snow peas, sliced thinly
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 8 tortillas
To make salsa, combine tomato, chilli, green onion, juice and coriander in a medium bowl; season to taste.
Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat; cook brown onion and capsicum, stirring, until browned lightly and softened. Remove from pan.
Heat remaining oil in same pan; cook beef, in two batches, until browned. Return onion mixture to pan with beef, spice mix, peas and garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant and peas are bright green.
Serve beef mixture with tortillas and salsa.