An easy meal for lunches and dinners. An easy way to change up meals and add some variety to your weekly dinners that both kids and adults would appreciate. Behold, the mac n cheese.
- 250 g (8 ounces) macaroni
- 300 g (9½ ounces) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cup (250 g) pizza cheese
- 1/2 cup (35 g) panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Cook macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender; drain.
Heat sour cream and buttermilk in a large saucepan over low heat; stir in nutmeg and about three-quarters of the cheese until smooth. Season to taste.
Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, thyme and remaining cheese in a small bowl.
Stir macaroni into hot cheese sauce; spoon into an oiled 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Place under hot grill for 2 mins or until browned lightly.