- 2 tbsps sesame seeds
- 2 tsps sea salt flakes
- 300 g piece of pork neck, sliced into very thin strips
- 2 spring onions, bruised, chopped coarsely
- 2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed and chopped finely
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fish sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 8 medium bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 mins
Combine sesame seeds and salt in a small bowl.
Combine pork, spring onions, lemongrass, fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, honey, pepper and oil in a mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
Thread the pork onto the pre-soaked bamboo skewers. Cook on a pre-heated barbecue or grill pan for about 3 mins or until brown and cooked.
Serve with the sesame salt and watercress, if desired.
Photo: Bauer/Ian Wallace