- 400 g pork neck fillet roast
- ½ cup char siu sauce
- 1 green onion, finely chopped, plus
- 1 extra, sliced on diagonal to serve
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ litres chicken stock
- ¼ cup Shao Hsing wine
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 pieces star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 440 g packet fresh thin egg noodles
- 1 bunch gai lan, trimmed, roughly chopped
- 50 g enoki mushrooms, trimmed, separated into 4 bunches
Slice pork neck in half lengthways (4 to 5-cm thick). Rub with combined sauce, onion and oil. Marinate 2 hours.
Preheat oven to moderate, 180 C. Line a small oven dish with baking paper. Place pork in dish with marinade. Bake 25 to 30 mins, tuning halfway and basting with marinade in pan, until cooked through. Cover with foil and rest 5 mins before slicing.
In a large saucepan, combine stock, Shao Hsing wine, soy, star anise and cinnamon. Simmer on medium heat 4 to 5 mins.
Add noodles and gai lan. Simmer very gently on low 2 to 3 mins, adding mushrooms for final minute of cooking time. Discard star anise and cinnamon.
Spoon into four bowls. Top evenly with sliced pork and sprinkle extra onion over
Bauer/Woman’s Day/Photo: Brett Stevens