These tortilla encase a wide array of yummy goodness, ranging from creamy avocados, crunchy baked cheesy corn chips, tender chicken and much more!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 BBQ chicken, flesh shredded
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 100 g corn chips
- ½ cup grated cheese
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- Torn lettuce leaves, sour cream, sliced avocado, to serve
- ½ pineapple, peeled, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1 corn, chargrilled, kernels sliced
- Juice 1 lime
In frying pan, heat oil on medium. Saute onion and garlic 4-5 mins until onion is tender. Stir in chicken, stock, cumin, oregano and chilli flakes. Simmer 15-20 mins until stock has reduced by half. Set aside.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to moderate, 180 C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
Arrange chips on tray, sprinkle with cheese and cayenne pepper. Bake 4-5 mins until cheese melts and is golden. Cool, then crush.
SALSA: Combine all ingredients
Fill tortillas with lettuce, chicken mixture, salsa, sour cream and avocado. Sprinkle with corn chips.
Photo: Rob Shaw/Bauer