Make your next barbeque night a hit with these fantastic fuss-free chilli prawns and fresh salsa. So delicious and light too!
- 16 large prawns, remove shell then devein, leaving tails intact
- 16 bamboo skewers, soak
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 clove garlic, crush
- 1 large avocado, peel, remove seed and chop
- 1 cucumber, remove core and chop
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves, chop
- ½ red onion, chop finely
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, crush
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Thread each prawn onto a skewer, pushing tip through centre of tail. In a small bowl, combine oil, chilli and garlic. Brush over prawns to coat.
Heat a barbecue plate or char-grill pan over medium fire. Grill prawns 1 to 2 mins each side until cooked through and lightly charred.
To prepare salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with prawns.
Photo: Bauer/Brett Stevens