If you love your fried rice with more punchy flavours, try this recipe which features sliced leg ham and lots of chilli for a sizzling dish.
- 1 tbsp vegetable or peanut oil
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsps minced ginger
- 1 fresh long red chilli, finely chopped, plus 1 extra, to serve
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 100 g sliced leg ham, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas and corn mix
- ¼ cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 3 green onions, sliced, plus extra shredded, to serve
Heat a wok or large frying pan over moderately light heat. Add oil; swirl to coat base and sides. Add egg; tilt to cover base and sides. Cook for 1 min or until golden brown underneath. Transfer to a chopping board. Roll up to form a log; thinly slice.
Add garlic, ginger and chilli to wok; stir-fry for 1 min or until fragrant. Add rice, ham, pea and corn mix and soy sauce; stir-fry for 3 mins or until heated and combined. Add onion; toss to combine.
Serve fried rice topped with omelette slices, extra chilli and extra onion.
Photo: Rodney Macuja/BauerSyndication.com.au