- 4 x 150 g duck breasts
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 3 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 565 g can lychees, halved,
- ¼ cup juice reserved (for dressing)
- 150 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch blanched coriander, leaves picked
- ½ cup cooked white rice
- ½ cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- ¼ cup reserved lychee juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
Rub duck with coriander. Season to taste. In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium. Fry duck, skin side down, 4 to 5 mins, until crisp and golden. Turn and cook a further 4 to 5 mins (for medium). Remove from pan. Rest, loosely covered with foil, 5 mins.
To prepare dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl to dissolve sugar. Set aside.
In a large salad bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Drizzle with half dressing and toss well.
Divide salad between four plates, thinly slice duck breast and arrange on top. Drizzle with remaining dressing to serve.