- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion (150 g), sliced thinly
- 4 beef minute steaks (250 g)
- 25 g baby rocket (arugula) leaves
- 8 slice sourdough bread (560 g), toasted
- 12 cornichons (baby gherkins), sliced lengthways
Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat, cook onion, stirring, 8 mins or until golden.
Push onion to one side of pan, add steaks, cook steaks until done to your liking.
Place rocket on four slices of toasted bread, top with steak, onion and cornichons. Top with remaining pieces of toast.
TIP Try different types of bread for this steak sandwich, like grain sourdough, Turkish bread or even a brioche bun.