Whip up this gorgeous fish crouton pie in advance and bake it hot at the last minute!
- 500 g cocktail potatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 400 g boneless firm white fish, skin removed, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped, plus extra, to serve
- ½ lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- ½ baguette, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup parmesan, finely Grated
Preheat oven to moderate, 180 C. Place 6 x 1-cup shallow ovenproof dishes on an oven tray.
Place potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with water. Microwave on high power, 8 to 10 mins, until tender. Drain well. Transfer to large bowl with sour cream. Mash well. Add all remaining ingredients to bowl. Mix well. Season to taste.
Spoon mixture evenly among dishes. Arrange baguette slices over each pie dish, overlapping slightly. Brush with oil and scatter cheese over.
Bake 20 to 25 mins, until fish is cooked through and croutons are crisp and golden. Sprinkle with extra parsley to serve.
Photo: Bauer/Rob Shaw