- 2 tbsps peanut oil
- 750 g chicken thigh fillets, trim fat, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup green curry paste
- 400 ml pack coconut cream
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, slice finely
- 150 g green beans, trim, halve
- 1 zucchini, halve lengthways, slice
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp grated palm sugar (or use brown sugar)
- ¼ cup Thai basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- Hot cooked rice, to serve
Heat oil in a large wok or frying pan over high fire. When hot, stir-fry chicken in two batches for 3 to 4 mins on each side until well-browned. Remove and set aside.
Using the same wok, stir-fry curry paste for 1 min. Add coconut milk and lime leaves. Lower to a gentle fire and cook for 5 mins.
Return chicken to wok with vegetables and coriander. Cook gently for 5 mins until vegetables are tender.
Season with juice, fish sauce and sugar. Stir basil through and serve with rice and extra basil.
Photo: Bauer/Rob Shaw