Bring the pizza toppings to the potato. Transform your plain baked potatoes with this Hawaiian-style baked potato recipe. It’s like a Hawaiian pizza – but on a potato instead of dough.
Basic Baked Potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps light olive oil
- 4 equal-sized (about 200 g each floury potatoes (such as Dutch Creams)
Hawaiian-Style Baked Potatoes
- 1 quantity Basic Baked Potatoes
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 cup diced ham
- 400 g canned pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chilli sauce
Preheat oven to 200 C/180 C fan-forced. Make Basic Baked Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 200 C/180 C fan-forced. Brush potatoes with oil. Season with salt. Wrap each potato in foil. Place on an oven tray. Bake for 55 mins or until tender. Stand for 5 mins. Remove foil.
- Using a small, sharp knife, make a cross-cut in the top of the potatoes, not going all the way through. Use hands to gently push potato to open out the cross-cut and expose potato flesh.
Place baked potatoes on an oven tray. Combine cheese, ham, pineapple and parsley in a bowl.
Spoon the ham mixture into baked potatoes.
Bake for 10 mins or until golden brown. Serve drizzled with sweet chilli sauce.
Photo: Pablo Martin/bauersyndication.com.au