- 500 g chicken breast, sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsps honey
- 375 g packet thin egg noodles
- 1 small iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup coriander, leaves picked
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
In a large bowl, toss chicken in oil and spice. Season to taste.
Heat a large frying pan on medium. Cook chicken 4 to 5 mins, stirring gently, until cooked through.
Add sesame seeds and stir 1 min until toasted. Drizzle with honey and cook, stirring, a further 30 secs.
Meanwhile, prepare noodles following packet instructions. Drain well.
To prepare dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a jug. Toss half dressing through noodles.
Fill each lettuce cup with noodles. Top with chicken mixture, tomato, onion and coriander. Drizzle with remaining dressing to serve.
Photo: Bauer/Jean Paul Urizar