Bake up a batch of these irresistible jumbo choc chip cookies as a sweet after school treat!
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamias, toasted
- 185 g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1 egg yolk, beaten lightly
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 200 g dark eating chocolate, coarsely chopped
StepsHide all images
Preheat oven to 180 C. Line three large oven trays with baking paper.
Mix sugars, flours and nuts in a large bowl.
Add combined butter, whole egg, yolk and extract; mix to a soft dough. Stir in chocolate.
Roll 2 level tablespoons of biscuit dough into balls. Place about 6 cm apart on oven trays.
Bake for about 15 mins or until browned lightly. Cool on trays.
Bauer/Australia Women’s Weekly/ Photo: Alan Benson
Text: Evol Ferguson