- 100 g vermicelli noodles
- 12 cooked king prawns, peeled, deveined, tails on
- 200 g packet spicy Thai tofu, cubed
- 100 g cubed snow peas, trimmed, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- ½ cup Vietnamese mint leaves
- Fried onions, to serve (can be bought readymade in supermarkets)
- 180 ml can or pack coconut milk
- 2 tbsps laksa paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime, plus extra to serve
Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 5 mins to soften. Drain well.
To prepare sauce, whisk coconut milk, paste, fish sauce and sugar together in a small jug. Microwave on high for 1 min. Add lime juice. Season to taste.
In a large bowl, combine prawns, tofu, snow peas and onion with half sauce. Toss to combine.
Divide noodles among 4 bowls. Top evenly with dressed prawn mixture. Sprinkle with sprouts, mint and fried onions. Accompany with remaining sauce and extra lime wedges.
Photo: Bauer/Rob Shaw