Purchase ready-made barbeque chicken for this recipe and all you will need is 20 minutes to assemble these delicious mango and yoghurt chicken lettuce cups.
- 1 barbequed chicken, skin removed, meat shredded (see tip)
- 1 mango, seeded, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 baby cos lettuce, washed, leaves trimmed
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup mango chutney, plus extra, to serve
- 1 tbsp yellow curry paste
In a large bowl, toss chicken, mango and onion together. Chill until required.
DRESSING In a medium jug, whisk yoghurt, chutney and curry paste together.
When ready to serve, mix dressing through chicken mixture. Season to taste.
Arrange 12 lettuce cups on a platter (see tip). Spoon chicken mixture evenly between leaves. Top each with coriander leaves. Serve with extra chutney.
Top Tip: Using disposable gloves, pull chicken meat from the carcass and roughly shred. Discard the carcass and skin. You can add some seedless grapes to the mixture when they are in season. Serve these cups with naan bread or pappadums. Pick medium, even-sized lettuce leaves and store leftover leaves in a plastic bag in the crisper of the fridge.
Photo: Rodney Macuja/bauersyndication.com.au