Throw together this classic minestrone stew with pre-packaged beef ravioli for a fast and simple weeknight dinner, ready in less than 30 mins. The hearty dish features an appetising tomato broth, as well as a handful of veggies alongside beef, cheese, and more.
- 2 tsps extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small brown onion (40 g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsps finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 small carrot (70 g), chopped finely
- 1 trimmed celery stalk (100 g), chopped finely
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 150 g fresh beef ravioli
- 2 tbsps shaved parmesan
- 1 tsp chilli oil (see tips)
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Crusty bread, to serve
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, rosemary, carrot and celery for 5 mins or until softened.
Add tomatoes, stock and sugar; season. Bring to the boil; cook for 5 mins. Add ravioli, cook for 5 mins or until ravioli is tender.
Divide soup and ravioli among bowls. Top with parmesan, chilli oil and parsley; accompany with bread.