Whipping up this super healthy and easy mushroom and silken tofu noodle soup takes almost no time at all!
- 3 cups chicken stock (use packet or canned)
- 100 g dry Shiitake mushrooms, soak in warm water for 20 mins, remove stalks and slice
- 2 tbsps light soy sauce
- 2-cm ginger, slice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 200 g fresh egg noodles
- 100 g fresh oyster mushrooms
- 1 carrot, cut into strips
- 3 stalks spring onions, trim and slice
- 250 g Fortune Silken Tofu, drain and cube
- 1 red chilli, slice Shredded spring onions, extra
Bring chicken stock to boil in a saucepan with Shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, ginger and sesame oil. Once boiling, reduce heat and cook gently for 4 to 5 mins.
Cook egg noodles following packet instructions. Set aside.
Add oyster mushrooms, carrot and spring onion to stock in saucepan. Simmer gently for another 2 mins.
Divide noodles among 4 serving bowls. Gently slide tofu cubes into noodles. Pour hot vegetable soup over. Serve topped with chilli and extra shredded spring onions.
Photo: Bauer/Rob Shaw