This onion cheese ball is a recipe you’d want to revisit. Containing cream cheese, onion flakes and gherkins, it’s bursting with flavour and best complemented with chips on the side. It’s also super simple to prepare, especially if you have an electric mixer at hand.
- 500 g (1 pound) cream cheese
- 1 medium onion (150 g), chopped finely
- 6 green onions (scallions), chopped finely
- 2 tbsps finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup (70 g) tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 4 gherkins, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (50 g) dehydrated onion flakes
Beat cream cheese in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in onions, parsley, sauces, gherkins and garlic until well combined; season.
Sprinkle onion flakes on a sheet of baking paper. Divide cream cheese mixture in half, shape into balls; roll in onion flakes to coat. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hrs or overnight.
TIP Dehydrated onion flakes are available from the spice section of the supermarket. Serve with chips.