Catch up with your family over this gnocchi and assorted vegetable one-pan wonder alongside some crispy, toasted garlic bread.
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 500 g packet fresh potato gnocchi
- ¾ cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 40 g butter
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 100 g snow peas, sliced
- ½ cup light thickened cream
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 50 g feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- 2 tbsps toasted pine nuts
- Garlic bread, to serve
In a large frying pan, heat oil on high. Fry gnocchi 1 to 2 minutes, until lightly coloured.
Add stock to pan and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, 3 to 4 minutes until all liquid is almost absorbed
Add butter to pan and stir through. Mix in broccoli, asparagus and snow peas and sauté 1 to 2 minutes until just tender. Stir in cream and pesto. Sprinkle with feta, basil leaves and pine nuts. Serve with garlic bread.
Photo: Rob Shaw/Bauer