Feel like Indian tonight? Make this unbelievable vegetarian pilaf-style coconut cauliflower without using any rice at all!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cm ginger, peeled, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup korma paste (available at Giant or FairPrice)
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 400 g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1-cm cubes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- Coriander sprigs, papadums, to serve
In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium. Saute onion, ginger and garlic 3 to 4 mins, until tender. Stir in korma paste and cook 1 to 2 mins, until fragrant.
Add milk and bring to simmer, stirring. Mix in pumpkin and stock and simmer 5 mins.
In a food processor, pulse cauliflower until chopped to size of rice grains. Stir through curry sauce and cook, covered, a further 10 to 15 mins, until tender.
Add peas and tomatoes. Heat gently, stirring. Serve sprinkled with coriander and accompanied by papadums.
Bauer/Woman’s Day/Photo: Rob Shaw