Make this healthy poached chicken with rainbow slaw for a light meal – it’s ready in minutes!
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- 1 star anise
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, bruised
- 1 green onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄8 white cabbage, finely shredded
- 1⁄8 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 50 g dou miao (snow-pea sprouts), trimmed
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, sliced
- ½ bunch coriander leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 coriander roots, white ends only
- 2 tsps brown sugar
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
Place chicken, star anise, lemongrass and green onion into a large deep-frying pan and cover with water. Bring slowly to boiling point on low. Simmer gently for 10 to 12 mins (turn chicken halfway through cooking if not completely submerged). Remove chicken from pan and set aside to cool.
Combine garlic, coriander root and sugar in mortar and pestle. Grind to form a paste. Whisk in oil and vinegar.
In a large bowl, combine cabbages, carrot, dou miao, capsicum and coriander. Slice chicken and serve on a bed of slaw. Drizzle with dressing.
Photo: Rob Shaw/bauersyndication.com.au