- 200 g packet rice stick noodles
- 2 tbsps peanut oil
- 350 g green prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 1 green onion, sliced, plus extra to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ⅓ cup Pad Thai spice paste
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 chilli padi, finely sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup beansprouts
- Crushed peanuts, sliced red chilli, lemon wedges, to serve
Prepare noodles following packet instructions. Separate and drain.
In a wok or large frying pan, heat oil on high. Stir-fry prawns 2 to 3 mins, until changed in colour and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
Using same wok, stir-fry onion and garlic, 1 min. Add paste, juice, sauce and chilli and stir-fry 1 min. Toss noodles through.
Push noodles to one side of wok. Crack eggs into wok, scrambling with a wooden spoon, until just cooked. Toss through noodle mixture.
Return prawns to wok with beansprouts, tossing well 1 to 2 mins. Serve sprinkled with nuts, chilli and extra green onion. Accompany with lemon wedges.
Rice noodles need to be soaked in just-boiled water for 4 to 5 mins or until tender. Drain well and use straight away.
Photo: Bauer/Paul Aitchison