Assemble and pop this bake into the oven for a quick and hearty meal for the family.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chorizo, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chopped rosemary leaves
- 200g sourdough bread, chunks
- 750g butternut pumpkin, 1 cup skins reserved, 2cm wedges
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup water
- chopped parsley, to serve
Preheat oven to moderate, 180 degrees
In a saucepan, heat oil on medium. Saute chorizo for 2-3 minutes until golden.
Add onion, capsicum, garlic and rosemary. Saute 3-4 minutes until onions are tender.
Meanwhile, combined bread, reserved pumpkin skins and Parmesan in a large bowl. Set aside.
Add pumpkin, tomatoes, chickpeas and water to saucepan. Cook on high heat, covered, 10-12 minutes or until pumpkin is just tender. Season.
Transfer to a 10-cup baking dish. Spread bread topping over. Spray with olive oil, bake 30-35 minutes or until topping is crisp. Serve scattered with parsley. Accompany with salad, if liked.