Ready in minutes, whipping up this delicious spiced garlic beef stir-fry is really easy with this simple recipe.
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 750 g rump or round steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 200 g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, sliced
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- Hokkien or thin egg noodles, cooked, to serve
Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan on high. Stir-fry beef in 2 batches, 1 to 2 mins each. Transfer to a plate.
In a same wok, stir-fry onion, garlic, chilli and spice 1 min until fragrant. Add beans, capsicum, sauces and wine. Stir-fry 1 min.
Return meat to wok. Stir-fry 2 to 3 mins. Serve on a bed of Hokkien noodles.
Photo: Andy Chia