This spicy seafood dip is an adaptation of the popular Thai nam jim dipping sauce that is traditionally used for seafood. It largely consists of crushed peanuts, lime juice, chillies and fish sauce, making it an absolute appetite whetter.
- 1 tsp Thai palm sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice (from 4 calamansi limes)
- 3 tbsps Thai fish sauce
- 3 red chilli padi, sliced
- 3 green chilli padi, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 3 g fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp crushed peanuts
In a bowl, add the palm sugar and lime juice. Mix well until the palm sugar is dissolved.
Add the fish sauce, red and green chilli padi, garlic and coriander. Mix well.
Garnish with crushed peanuts.
Text: Straits Times
Photo: Hedy Khoo