These homemade spinach and cheese potato crepes make a lovely vegetarian entrée together with a side salad.
- 30 g butter
- 1 small onion, chop finely
- 300 g Perfect Italiano Mozzarella Grated Cheese
- 200 g spinach, dip in hot water for 10 secs and chop
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chop
- Pinch of chilli powder
- Salt to taste 1-2 tsps oil
- 1/2 cup Perfect Italiano Parmesan Grated Cheese, for topping
- 1/4 cup cream
- POTATO CREPES
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200 g potato, peel, cook and mash
- 2 eggs, beat lightly
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk (buy from the supermarket)
Preheat oven at 200 C. Lightly grease a 20 x 30 cm baking dish. To prepare potato crepes, sift flour and soda, and mix in potato and eggs. Whisk in buttermilk until smooth. Chill covered for 10 mins.
Melt butter in pan. Stir-fry onion for 3 mins. Transfer to bowl with cheese, spinach, sour cream, eggs and chilli powder. Mix well.
Heat 1 tsp oil in an 18-cm pan over medium fire. Pour in half cup crepe mixture and cook 2 mins each side. Remove from pan and repeat with remaining mixture, using remaining oi
Spoon cheese filling down centre of each crepe. Roll up to enclose and arrange in baking dish. Top with cheese and pour over cream. Bake for 15 mins until melted and golden.
Photo: Rob Shaw/bauersyndication.com.au