- ½ bunch silverbeet or Swiss chard
- 1 bunch spinach
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, preferably Greek
- 2/3 cup cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 2 sheets frozen butter puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, beaten lightly, extra
- 2 tbsps finely grated parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 220 C (200 C fan-forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
Cut the stalks from the silverbeet and spinach. Drop the silverbeet and spinach in large pan of boiling salted water. Boil for 2 mins; drain. Rinse under cold water, drain well. Place in clean tea towel; squeeze out excess water.
Chop silverbeet and spinach finely; place in large bowl with herbs, spinach, cheeses, and eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cut the pastry sheets in half to make 4 rectangles. Spoon quarter of the filling down the length of each pastry piece. Brush edges with little of the extra egg, fold pastry over the filling, with edges overlapping.
Cut in half to make 8 rolls. Place rolls on prepared tray, seam side down. Brush with egg and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for about 20 mins or until browned
Photo: Bauer/Brett Stevens