When a sweet craving hits you and you need something right here, right now, make this strawberry shortcake trifle. In this strawberry shortcake trifle, you only need crushed shortbread biscuits for the ideal crunch, strawberries for that sweet-sour freshness, and whipped cream for that creamy goodness – perfect for desserts. Bliss!
- 190 g packet (12) shortbread biscuits, coarsely crushed
- 180 g strawberries, finely chopped, plus 4 extra, sliced
- 2 tbsps icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp thyme leaves, plus extra sprigs, to serve
- 1 1/3 cups thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Icing sugar, to dust
Divide crushed biscuit between 4×1-cup straight-sided jars or glasses. Combine berries, 1 tbsp of icing sugar, the juice and thyme in a bowl; spoon over biscuit crumbs.
Using an electric mixer, beat cream, remaining icing sugar and essence in a bowl until soft peaks form. Dollop over strawberry mixture in jars. Top with extra strawberries. Garnish with extra thyme. Dust with icing sugar.
Photo: Rodney Macuja/bauersyndication.com.au