- 4 x 200 g beef rump steaks (or sirloin or porterhouse)
- ½ cup red Thai curry paste
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 150 g mixed salad leaves
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked
- Crushed nuts, to serve
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
Brush steaks with combined curry paste and oil. Place in a shallow dish. Set aside to marinate for 20 mins.
Preheat barbecue plate on high. Cook steaks 3 to 4 mins each side, until cooked to your liking. Rest, loosely covered with foil, 5 mins. Slice thinly.
Combine leaves, tomatoes, onion and mint in a large salad bowl.
To prepare dressing, whisk ingredients together in a small jug. Toss through salad and top with sliced steak. Sprinkle with nuts to serve.