Try this tuna and white bean salad for a classic Italian entrée for your next party or simply, for a light lunch.
- 2 wholemeal pita bread
- 425 g can tuna, drained, flaked
- 400 g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 250 g punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch rocket, trimmed
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil parsley, to serve
Toast pita bread under a preheated grill, on both sides, until crisp. Break each piece into quarters.
In a large bowl, combine tuna, beans, tomatoes, rocket, celery, radish and onion.
Drizzle lemon juice, vinegar and oil over salad. Season to taste and toss to coat.
Serve with toasted pita
Bauer/Woman’s Day/ Photo: Cath Muscat
Text: Tatiana Gallon