Bursting with healthy vegetables, chicken breast and noodles, this delicious Vietnamese chicken noodle slaw is really easy to make!
- 250 g skinless chicken breast
- 100 g rice vermicelli noodles, soaked, drained
- 3 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups snow-pea sprouts, trimmed
- 2 carrots, peeled, julienned (cut into fine strips)
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup fish sauce
- ²/³ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup rice-wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps caster sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
Place chicken in a saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a gentle simmer, 10 to 12 mins. Remove from pan. When cool, thinly slice or shred.
To prepare dressing, combine and whisk all ingredients together until sugar dissolves.
In a bowl, combine noodles, vegetables and mint with half dressing. Toss well to combine.
Top with chicken and serve drizzled with remaining dressing.