Buttermilk gives these fruity, easy-to-make muffins a delicious, tangy flavour.
- 2 cup (300 g) self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup (150 g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) macadamia or grapeseed oil
- 1 cup (150 g) fresh or frozen raspberries
Line 36 mini-muffin holes with 30ml paper cases. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
Sift flour and brown sugar into a large bowl; stir to combine. Stir in combined egg, buttermilk, banana and oil until just combined.
Divide the mixture among paper cases; top each with 1 raspberry. Bake in a moderately hot oven for about 15 minutes.
If you would prefer to make this recipe into larger muffins, the mixture will yield 12 muffins.