- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 stalks celery (300 g), trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 1 brown onion (150 g), chopped coarsely
- 1 carrot (120 g), chopped coarsely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsps tomato paste
- 400 g canned crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup (125 ml) vegetable stock
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 800 g canned soya beans, rinsed, drained
- ⅓ cup (25 g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
Heat oil in large saucepan; cook celery, onion, carrot and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add tomato paste; cook, stirring, 1 min.
Add undrained tomatoes, vegetable stock, water and thyme sprigs; bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, covered, 35 mins.
Add beans; simmer, covered, 10 mins. Serve casserole sprinkled with cheese and thyme leaves.