The strong and distinctive meat of lamb is rubbed with a rich and well-executed mix of spices, intricately inspired by the flavours of Morocco. Set this meal up with fine wine and a generous serve of roasted veggies for a romantic and gastronomic dinner for two.
- 480 g rainbow baby (dutch) carrots, peeled
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsps kalonji seeds or black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsps sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 x 4 French-trimmed cutlet lamb racks (600 g)
- 50 g red sorrel or rocket leaves
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Toss carrots with 2 tbsps of the oil on an oven tray; place carrots in a single layer. Roast for 25 mins or until browned lightly and crisp.
Meanwhile, combine chilli, seeds, garlic and remaining oil in a small bowl. Place lamb on another oven tray; rub all over with spice mixture.
Roast lamb, uncovered, alongside carrots for 20 mins or until browned and cooked as desired.
Serve lamb with carrots and sorrel leaves, topped with parsley.