Nothing quite excites the guests like a plate of sticky chicken wings, topped off with limitless amounts of tasty dipping sauce. All it requires is for you to toss everything together – making this recipe an absolute breeze to work with despite its ingredient list, which makes everything so irresistible!
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (90 g) honey
- 2 tbsps salt and pepper seasoning
- 1½ tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 kg chicken wing nibbles
- Coriander (cilantro) sprigs, to serve
- 1 shallot (25 g), chopped finely
- ¼ cup fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped finely
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) fish sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lime juice
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
Combine vinegar, honey, seasoning and oil in a large bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat. Stand for 10 mins.
Meanwhile, make dipping sauce. Stir ingredients in a small bowl until sugar dissolves.
Spread chicken on tray; drizzle with marinade. Roast chicken for 45 mins, turning occasionally, or until golden and cooked through. Serve chicken with dipping sauce, topped with coriander. Accompany with lime cheeks, if you like.
TIP Chicken nibbles are jointed wings with no tips. You can buy them already prepared, or joint chicken wings yourself. Chicken can be marinated 2 hrs ahead.